Saturday, March 27, 2010

Have you read a good book lately?

I love to read. We have access to four libraries in our area. I guess you could say that I'm an eclectic reader. I read almost anything and I have to read before I go to bed or my day is not complete. Books just seem to follow me home. Anytime I go to a yard sale, or on a junking trip I always seem to find lots of books (or maybe they find me). I usually have a book in the car or in my bag in case I have to wait for something.


I have added a list of books that I have read lately that I really liked. I went to see Sherlock Holmes at the movies last week. I realized that I had only read a few of the Holmes stories. I went to the local bookstore and to my amazement there were two volumes (the first one has over a thousand pages and the second one doesn't look that much smaller). I have read over 200 pages so I guess I am hooked. They are very interesting.


I must tell you about the movie theater that is in our local high school. It is part of the media program there. It has one of the largest screens in southeastern KY and Dolby surround sound.

It gets the current movies just out of the theaters before they are released on DVD. Adults get in for $2.00 and children are $1.00. Seniors get in free. Lots of times they have free shows for the school children. Popcorn and drinks are available for less than half of the regular theater. It is open on weekends year round unless there is a special presentation that is being held there. Our fine arts society has some of their programs there and the high school drama class presents three plays a year there. Two weeks ago I saw The Blind Side there and this week Alvin and the Chipmunks is on. They try to get a variety of PG and PG13 shows. It is a great program and we have a really great school system.


Try a good read this week and please share the good ones with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!